If your child is isolating and are asymptomatic they can access the homework poster for their year group, for this half term on the left hand side of this page. These are updated half termly. These have some worksheets attached linked to areas of learning on the poster.
If you need a printed homework poster pack contact the school: email@example.com or 07780975947.
Remote Learning Guidance
Within this section you will find support for remote learning for your child.
Children who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (symptomatic) or any other illness will be considered unwell and therefore it would not usually be appropriate to expect them to complete school work but to use all their energies to recuperate.
Please read our Remote Learning Policy [see side panel] to understand, in detail, how we will support children if:
- they are required to self-isolate because they have tested positive but are asymptomatic;
- they are absent from school awaiting test results;
- groups of children are required to isolate due to thresholds being met:
- 5 children, pupils, students or staff, who are likely to have mixed closely, test positive for COVID-19 within a 10-day period; or
- 10% of children, pupils, students or staff who are likely to have mixed closely test positive for COVID-19 within a 10-day period.
If your child is required to self-isolate because they have tested positive but are asymptomatic or they are absent from school awaiting test results, they will have access to:
- a homework pack based on the current half term’s enquiry and corresponding worksheets;
- supplementary worksheets linked to core areas as appropriate;
- reading via Bug Club [across all year groups] suggested time of 30 minutes daily, this will be monitored by the class teacher;
- access to Numbots [in Key Stage 1] suggested time of 30 mins daily;
- access to Numberblocks in Reception.
Please upload any work completed onto Tapestry and the class teacher will “like” it, and on some occasions give feedback or write a comment.
We have created a handy “Top Tips for Working at Home” document. This includes a timetable example. This is just a guide and by no means an expectation.
Please make use of our curriculum pages on the school website and the panel to the side where there are a range of resources which may support you further with remote learning e.g. phonic mats.
We would recommend that the children continue to use Bug Club to support their reading. The school code is ‘pjhq’. Click the icon on the top right hand corner of this page.
We would also recommend that the children use Numbots to support their maths. Click the icon on the top right hand corner of this page.
Bringing out the Best in Everyone